- Hand code CSS3, HTML5
- Ensure browser compatibility for Internet Explorer 6+,Firefox, Chrome, Safari, mobile
- Knowledgeable about accessibility issues.
- Usability testing: preparing, conducting, and analyzing tests to make a site easy to use.
- Graphic design skills, including creating web layouts that display quickly, and integration of existing business branding into HTML
- Search engine optimization: traffic analysis, title tags, structural HTML, and HTML filenames
- Aware of legal issues such as deep linking, framing, privacy policies, reciprocal links, domain names, DMCA, and accessibility guidelines such as section 508 and WAI.
- Write site critiques using aesthetic, business objective, and usability principles.
- Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Adobe ImageReady CS3, Adobe Illustrator CS3, Adobe InDesign, emacs
- Google Analytics, including goals and segment breakdown
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Macintosh
- UNIX skills include hand web log analysis, direct connections to port 80, find, ldap queries, sudo
- Apache server software: configure for server side redirects, friendly error pages, page compression, clean URLs using rewrite rules
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, SharePoint Designer, 2007-2010
- PHP (often with Smarty); familiar with other CGI scripting languages
- MySQL, SQL Server
- HTML5, CSS3
- Worked in LAMP and Microsoft environments
- Excellent client relations skills, including good phone presence and professional email.
- Writing skills, including copy-writing, and explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Editing skills: technical editing of dense technical material
- Create print layouts: posters, brochures, etc
- Experience with digital cameras: photographic principles, cropping, color and contrast correction, image cleanup
- University of Colorado, Denver, CITT. Web Developer. (02/10 – present). Working with CSS, HTML on MOSS sites, writing PHP applications in CodeIgniter.
- Computer Science Department, University of New Mexico (UNM). Web Designer. (08/04 – present, permanent position; 11/03 – 05/04 – temporary position) Performing usability testing, visual design, & information architecture for a large web site
- ClientLogic. (04/03 – 10/03). Technical Support Representative. Working on the Tivo campaign at ClientLogic, providing technical support for Tivo customers.
- Oso Grande Technologies. (01/97 – 9/02). Web Developer. Other job titles included: Senior Web Designer, Web Designer, Publications Specialist. Designed, performed usability tests on, and created web sites. Gained extensive experience integrating legacy systems into modern web systems. Implemented, configured, and trained on ecommerce packages.
- UNM Language Learning Center. (07/93 – 12/96). Recording Technician and Language Lab Attendant. Responsible for copying language tapes and selling them to students.
- An Event Apart, Washington, D.C, September 2010.
- Web Design World, July 17-21, 2000.
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Graduated 1997 with two Bachelor’s Degrees: English, with a concentration in Professional Writing, and Political Science.
- Manzano High School, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Advanced college prep classes
References: Available on request.