Site changes

I've made some changes. One that I just saw what someone was talking about involves the text in the top getting cut off. It appears to be working in IE6.

The other involves a horizontal scroll bar that was showing up unneeded in both IE6 and Netscape 6/Mozilla 1.

(START Web geek speak: I added a comment for the IE6 issue and a width: auto for the Netscape issue. This got IE6 most of the way there, but in in the standards mode the IE6 invokes, there was a little extra space. Some pounding on google found a cached page, all of which was unreadable Asian characters except for 3 lines of CSS, the relevant one of which was: body {overflow: hidden !important} which I took and applied to the top area div. In other words, since IE6 thinks there's extra, make it not show it. END web geek Speak)

In a slightly less geeky vein, last but certainly not least, I've upgraded to Movable Type 2.21 and switched to using MySQL. This would have been less grim if I hadn't commented out the old database location, which meant nothing got transferred over, including my username. Fortunately, my hosting company has a decent web interface to look at the database, and I saw it was empty, and realized what had happened, blew away the empty tables, and re-did the switchover.

Now, I'm going to see if I can get this TrackBack thing to work....

Posted by Chad Lundgren on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 (Link)


Posted by Roslee Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 02:11 AM

It is STILL web geek speak to me!