New Site Design

It's in the process of being implemented. It's a little rough around the edges, but it's pulling together slowly but surely.

Posted by Chad Lundgren on Saturday, September 13, 2003 (Link)


Posted by Shannon Monday, September 15, 2003 at 10:35 AM

Wow! I like the new colors and I especially like the photo at the top. Very nice.

One thing you might want to do is set a minimum width on your body in the stylesheet. When you open your site in a window that's not quite maximized, your columns overlap.

here's what it looked like when I first opened it (before I maximized the window):

If you set a minimum width on your body that's wide enough to accomodate both columns, you'll get a scrollbar at the bottom and it won't overlap your column.

I'd set the minimum width to 800. I think the lowest resolution people usually use is 800 X 600.

Just a thought.

The code would look like this:

body {
margin:0px 0px 10px 0px;
font-size: 100%;
/* For .8em type issues */

Otherwise, I absolutely love it!

Posted by Shannnon Monday, September 15, 2003 at 10:43 AM

Eeep! I set my screen resolution to 800X600 and there's a good deal of overlap.

Maybe try setting the columns to definite pixel widths, instead of relative widths? Or set one to width:60% and the other to width:40%?

Posted by Chad Lundgren Monday, September 15, 2003 at 01:56 PM

Thanks for the reality check, Shannon.

What I was actually doing was using absolute postioning from the right for the right column div. Seemed like a good idea at 1:30 in the morning.

I've banged on the layout and got it to where it's usable in 800x600, but I'm still not happy with the wasted space to the right in 1024x768. I'll probably futz with percentage layouts when I have more time

Posted by Vincent Monday, September 15, 2003 at 10:25 PM

a blue background i like it 98 percent of web sites have white wish more use a diffrent color. grrh dumb script for posting comments

Posted by Kinmare Tuesday, September 16, 2003 at 08:36 PM

NICE!! I really like it. Although it's slow loading and posting. Had to wait (I'm not very patient anymore) and I'm using ADSL.

Posted by Kinmare Friday, September 19, 2003 at 08:11 PM

Loads much better today. Must of been slow because it was still so young.

Posted by Maxwelis Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 10:48 PM

I thought you liked them young?

Posted by SomeGuy Friday, September 26, 2003 at 03:34 AM

I love the new colors and the look.
The road on the top is surreal art in it's nature and feels so wonderfull to get lost :)

Posted by Chad Lundgren Friday, September 26, 2003 at 10:56 PM